February – crud. It’s been a while.
- Job is insane as can be. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but its a thing. Some days I go home and really feel like I nailed it – that I am really providing my worth and then some to my company. And other days I leave and wonder how in the world I made it out of the house with my pants on straight (and some days how I got them on at all). Regardless of what kind of day it is, I’m still blessed to have a job.
- Even though I know I am blessed to have a job in today’s economy, I still get those internal twinges to open my own fiber store. The twinges, as of late, have been more of an all out tug – but I am not in a position to really go that way. I wish I were, but – not yet.
- I’m going to try and really do a lot more with my writing. In the last few weeks I have made a realization or two on just how important words are for me. I would like to put some focus into my short story writing as well as figuring out what I can and should be doing for the fiber community. I am working on writing up my vanilla sock pattern (well… more like a recipe) as a start. That will come in due time.
- To support bullet #3, I did get a new little laptop – its quaint and was very affordable. yay. I’m tapping away on it now and it feels pretty good.
- I received a spinning wheel as an anniversary present. I have spun some pretty awesome segments .. I say segments because I have yet to spin a whole bobbin with no issues – but I’m ok with that. I have found something even more fun than the meditative movement of a crochet hook or the repetitive turns of the knitting needles. I look forward to sharing with you.
- Most importantly – not dead and I haven’t quit blogging. Just need to find a new cadence. I may have a short story blog starting, dunno. I do have an idea of a short story series (horror/suspense … not fiber).
- Hope you all are doing well (for those that are still with me!)