I guess I have trouble thinking that posting an image a faux breast (or two) is considered adult material but I guess in some people’s minds a boob is a boob is a boob…. so here… here are my two boobs – well, for the sake of what they really are: FOOBS!
And they aren’t mine – they will be headed to their new home within the next couple of days.
This is my FO Friday post… I would apologize to you in the form of “I am sorry if this offends you” but… really – why would it? If you are offended by the idea of a knit breast changing someone’s view of their personal appearance, then for that I am sorry you feel that way.
I was contacted recently to make a pair of foobs. After talking back and forth with her via email, I realized that my original pattern, the Crochet Faux Boob, was not going to cut it.
Now, I admit, back when I created the crochet pattern, it was mostly because crochet is what I felt comfortable with. I considered myself a rather novice knitter so I tucked tail from the Knitted Knockers pattern and made my own. Perhaps not the most noble actions, but action nonetheless.
With the new request, I understood I had to do something else other than my pattern – so … I made up my own.
Now, I admit full on that I used another pattern as the basis for the top side of the foob. For that, I went to the “Tit Bits” pattern by Beryl Tsang. I did modify this pattern a little, but not near enough to say it was my own. What I created on my own was the back. I wanted something sturdier and something to house a little something extra – which I won’t give away here because I want to write the pattern up and be the first person to actually offer it. I still fully admit though that the inspiration from my pieces still came from the Tit Bits pattern. I will NOT post my pattern until I have permission from Beryl to link to her pattern and mention her (over and over and over (most likely)) in my write up/pattern.
Anywhoozles – this is my FO Friday. I would say I put in a total of 5 or 6 hours to create the set and it went really well. I used Bernat baby yarn in a light pink (soft, washable, durable, and well, she wanted pink). I knit the topsize on size 6 dpn’s and crocheted the back on a size G hook – all very standard but something I hope will make a difference.
Have a great Friday!
If you are interested in posting your FO Friday post somewhere OR are interested in reading what others have completed, pop over to Tami’s Amis blog and enjoy!