Whelp, this week was a week of finishes for me… but not necessarily finishes from my original project list. *doh*
I finished the vanilla socks for me – they are ankle socks and I really do like them. I can’t say it enough that I really liked working with the Opal sock yarn. It was delightful and fun…. two things I never thought I’d say about ANY knitting project.
I had some fun pictures of me wearing them BUT there was dog hair in every single shot *laughs* I am not ashamed of having a dog, but yea…. sometimes, when you are showing off your projects, pet hair is not exactly attractive.
In addition to the socks, I finished off 13 crochet fortune cookies, which I will be writing a pattern review and will have a picture in my Valentine’s Day Crafting post I should have up this week coming.
My final finish was a short notice Ice Pack Pillowcase. I think I’ll end up writing the pattern up and offering it here for free.
You see, Bird had some teeth pulled this week and BOY is she miserable. So, she was wrapping ice packs up in wash cloths, which I think is the standard go-to for most folks. Watching her trying to sleep with them and seeing them slip all over the place inspired me to make a tiny lil pillow case for them. She seems to like it and has already fell asleep on it once.
I was in the ethical dilemma of taking a picture of it “in action” or settling for a picture of it sitting on the side stand … because I love her, here is the picture of it on the stand, before its first use.
I did get a start on my knit wingspan, which is on the original project list. I will admit, I’m back to not having much fun with this knit project. I’m using Happy Yarn, which is a bamboo blend, in the colorway Pisces. I have finished the first triangle and am mid-way done with the second.
I am not sure I’ll have enough yarn and the triangles are seeming to take for-ev-errrr to make (read that with dramatic slowness). I’m hoping it speeds up a bit – of course, it won’t speed up if I don’t actually work on it. *laughs*
So – while I had a pretty successful week of finishes, my percentage for my project items did not change. The percentage of overall completion, which includes all the added items I’ve made, went up several points. That’s pretty exciting.
Project List Items (done)
– 33 squares for SIBOL
– 5 knit/crochet cloths for Mom (Christmas present)
– 5 knit/crochet cloths for SIL (Christmas present)
– State Fair Afghan
– Dead Fish Hat (Birthday gift for DS)
– Spidey-colored Round Ripple Lapghan (Christmas present)
– 1 crochet knockers for donation
– Wrap (ended poorly – was supposed to be for Squirt but… didn’t work out)
– Striped Granny Bag
– Elite Syncopations
– Harry Potter Scarf
– Blue or Purple Cowl (for a friend; after the holidays)
Added Items (done)
– Have a Heart Shawl (free Red Heart pattern)
– Magic Square Potholder
– Boot Toppers (Christmas present)
– 50 Ruffle Scarves
– Striped Scarf (Christmas Present)
– Crochet Clock (Christmas Present)
– House Slippers (Christmas Present)
– Warm Hat with Bill (Christmas Present)
– Stocking Cap (Christmas present)
– 3 icord knit snakes
– My Garter Slipped Scarf (for me)
– 1 pair Vanilla Socks
– 2 plastic canvas door hanging pouches (for Valentine’s Day)
– Ice Pack Pillowcase
– 13 Crochet Fortune Cookies
– 1 pair of Vanilla Socks for me
– Headband to Match Garter Slip Scarf (for me)
This post is part of the Ravelry Group “Come Blog-A-Long” #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.