Good afternoon, blog readers! I know I haven’t been too active during the week and I could list out a host of things that have caused this, but I’m definitely going to be getting more active now. Some personal things came up and honestly – they were important. Very important.
The first order of business is that somehow I had my total number messed up. I found that I had listed 5 cloths for my sister-in-law twice so the removal of those five items caused my percentages to go up by about 2% – which is a pleasant surprise. Always nice when the mistake is in your favor, eh?
I also added another item to the added list. It got added because I also added Elite Syncopations, a pattern by a friend of mine. But Elite takes a rather interesting chart and I’ve never read knit charts before so I figured in order to learn to read charts, it would be wise if I took on a less complex project – hence, Tongues of Fire. I only have a couple inches done but that is because I am not using a thick yarn – I’m using a size 10 cotton on size 3 needles. It will definitely come out to be more of a shawlette, but I think with the right shawl pin, this will look really good.
This project has taught me a few things: reading a kit pattern, learning how to get deliberate holes in my knitting, learning to read a chart, and learning to fix a count error when you didn’t drop a stitch but you somehow screwed it up – yea…. very easy for me to do in crochet… not so much in knitting. This is also the smallest yarn and needles I’ve used to date to knit with. So this very easy project for most has turned into quite a challenge for me. But that’s ok – I’m getting it!
Other than working on the shawlette, I have been able to finish a few more dish/washcloths that are part of Christmas presents. I finished the 5 I want to give my mother and I have started working on the ones for my sister-in-law. I will probably continue to make more than just the 10 expected cloths so I have a few to sell at the holiday craft show my employer hosts for United Way. I have also added a few more rows to the Spidey Round Ripple but I figured it is so close to done I’ll take a picture of it when it’s ready to be wrapped.
Other than that – I haven’t had a whole lot more going on in my craft world. I have kept my yarn close these last few weeks as I worked through the medical issues. I leaned on it for its healing value – the ability to take my mind away from something negative and focus on the positives of creating.
And now this is the actual list of what I plan on doing and what I have done.
Project List Items (not started/in progress)
– 17 squares for SIBOL
– Spidey-colored Round Ripple Lapghan (Christmas present)
– 4 knit/crochet cloths for SIL (Christmas present)
– Shawl (gift for the fall/spring for DD2)
– 10 crochet knockers for donation
– 5 pet beds for donation
– 10 chemo caps for donation
– 2 swiffer covers (for me!)
– 1 swiffer cover for Mom (Christmas present)
– 1 swiffer cover for SIL (Christmas present)
– Knit a Sweater for the Man
– Knit Wingspan Shawl
– 1 pair spat warmers (Christmas present)
– Woven Blocks Crochet Quilt
– Navajo Indian Multi-Color Afghan (Birthday gift)
Project List Items (done)
– 33 squares for SIBOL
– 5 knit/crochet cloths for Mom (Christmas present)
– 1 knit/crochet cloths for SIL (Christmas present)
– State Fair Afghan
– Dead Fish Hat (Birthday gift for DS)
Added Items (not started/in progress)
– Tongues of Fire (for me)
– Striped Granny Bag (Christmas present for Rabbit)
– Elite Syncopations
Added Items (done)
– Magic Square Potholder
This post is part of the Ravelry Group “Come Blog-A-Long” #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.