I finally did it. A while back I decided I wanted to try and crochet a clock – and I finally did it.
I have been 100% focused on finishing my State Fair project (the infamous blanket of doom, which shall soon be photographed and featured in a blog post) and have not been doing much of anything else. That makes for boring posts, which I have been so easily forgetting to do… and I hope to change that soon.
Anywhoozles, back to the purpose of this post…
The logic of making the clock was pretty simple – I needed some clock guts and some yarn – easy enough. I didn’t really think the pattern through too much but as I got further and further in, I began to make some mental notes about how to make it better next time.
Yup – I have full intentions of doing this again… only better. I also have full intention of writing the pattern and posting it. I am not sure if it something I’d sell a pattern for, so we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.
The above picture shows my completed decagon. I’d like to call it a circle, but its not – almost, but not quite. The image also shows the main number markers that I chose – a yarn circle. What the picture doesn’t show is relative size. It is approximately 10″ in diameter… I think. I didn’t measure it but that’s what I’d give it. Perhaps I can measure it when I write the pattern *laughs* of course I will…
I started the clock face on Monday night and did pretty well with progress. I’d say in total, I spent less than 3 or 4 hours crocheting the face and all the pieces.
And with a little construction skills, creative juices, and hot glue – this is my finished clock.
It now hangs in the bathroom, ticking away.
I’m thinking it’ll be another couple weeks before I get the pattern worked up. Obviously – it’ll be written as most of my patterns – with a basic framework built to create a solid piece BUT with enough encouragement to give you creative license with your own clock – to make it your own.