Project Percentage Complete: 80%
Overall Percentage Complete: 96%
Number of Project Items: 20
Number of Added Items: 181
Total Completed Items: 193
Total Items: 201
Ahhhh what a great week – not necessarily crochet greatness, but just great in general that the weather has been fantastic, I received a promotion at work, and all-in-all – just great. I did get some crochet done in the form of ruffled scarves using Chrysalis yarn by Yarn Bee, 6″ squares for SIBOL, and squares for the monster-ghan I’m making as my State Fair project. I feel pretty good about my progress on all fronts chosen this week.
The big “boo” of my week is when I went to Hobby Lobby to grab more yarn for the big State Fair project of yummy awesomeness. They had the yarn BUT it was a different dye lot. I know how detrimental this can be to a project – my heart sunk. I did buy it with the logic of “this is a pretty standard and well-used color for this line of yarn… surely the dye lot would change but the color wouldn’t change to the naked eye” – I held my breath as I pulled it out of the bag to compare with the yarn I have and thankfully, it was ok. *WHEW* I would have cried if it didn’t match. With all the work I have already put into it (and so little to show) .. I would have cried.
OH – I ended up frogging the work I had done on the table run. I got it out to work on it and I noticed that it was pulling pretty hard on the top side – my tension had changed enough for the worse to really pull the piece and I genuinely did not feel that blocking it would fix the issue. So – I frogged it. The thread is currently snuggley wrapped around the ball in hopes to get the tiny lil kinks out so I can start on another table runner soon. I know I won’t get that one done before the year is up, but that’s ok.
I really am not that hung up on not getting my entire list done. I think I’ve done pretty darn good thus far.
I suppose this update is a relatively short and sweet one. Because I ‘m not yet showing pictures of the monster-ghan (I know, I know – I tease!) yet, I shall leave this post with a picture of my dog with his head squished into a corner … yes, he was sleeping.
He is always sleeping.
I hope I have not shared this one before.
Project List Items (not complete)
– Lacet Table Runner [frogged – need to restart]
– Queen Sized (plus) afghan
Throw for living room sofa [state fair project – started]
– Round Afghan/Throw
– Angel Tree Topper
Project List Items (done)
– 14 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments
– Easy Cabled Scarf
– Poncho (early Christmas present)
Added Items (not complete)
– Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) […65%…]
– 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
– 1 knit scarf [started]
– Girls Trellis Poncho [started – my own pattern that will be posted free]
Added Items (done)
– 1 crocheted Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
– 1 Ear Bud “purse”
– 1 crocheted hand bag
– 2 Crochet Bags (Mystery CAL Beach Bag, EnviroTote #4)
– 1 knit doll dress
– 5 Knit Washcloth
– 32 Crochet Wash/Dishcloth
– 1 crochet face scrub finger mitt (Christmas present)
– 1 dust mitt
– 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
– 4 crocheted towel toppers
– 1 WW Yarn Runner for ledge
– 24 crochet scarves
– 1 knit scarf
– 2 crochet cowls
– 5 Hybrid Hat (pattern coming soon)
– 1 knit hat
– 13 crochet hats
– 2 crochet character hats (sock monkey, puppy)
– 10 crochet hat clips
– 10 crochet headbands (some are Sherry’s Headband)
– 10 Candy Stocking Ornaments
– 2 Crochet Lid Topper
– 2 wreath pins
– 1 Spiderweb Doily
– 1 small decorative Christmas tree (didn’t like, threw away)
– 6 mug cozies
– 1 pair knit socks
– 4 crochet Faux Boob (pattern)
– 21 SIBOL Square
– 5 crochet pet beds (1 was not for donation, the rest are)
– 2 crochet mitts (owl mitts)
– 2 cup cozies (1 knit, 1 crochet)
This post is part of the Ravelry Group “Come Blog-A-Long” #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.