Project Percentage Complete: 76%
Overall Percentage Complete: 81%
Number of Project Items: 21
Number of Added Items: 152
Total Items: 173
Boy oh boy! What a week of crochet. I have been testing out my Faux Boob pattern for all the different cup sizes. I really think I’m going to have to take my bag o’ boobs to Walmart and try them in some of the bras there. I know its going to look strange, but I really think it’ll help me gauge if I’m on target with them.
If you are curious about why I’m making faux breasts, then you need to keep your eyes peeled on my blog as I have joined Crochet Concupiscence’s project called 12 for 12. I will be posting my check-in post later today, so please keep your eyes peeled for that. I know I’ll definitely do the 2 check-ins per month, but I don’t think I’ll have a list totally ready by then. I want to research each group/project I find and see if it is something that I can donate locally rather than sending it off. I really do advocate for donating locally first and then branch out. I know there is a lot of need here in this city and I’d like to try and help it. So – yea, that post is coming soon.
Other than that, I have started a scarf for an order. It started out as knit but I know it’ll go a lot faster in crochet. So I made the executive decision to frog it and start over in crochet. I’m about 1/4 done with it and I’ve only been working on it for about an hour. Not to shabby. Because I’ve added some new items that aren’t done, then my overall percentage has gone down a little…. but that’s ok!
I should be posting my FOTH video (Fresh off the Hook) this Monday.
I’m also going to be announcing a bit of a job/contest related to iYarny in the next few days. Keep a look out for that one! As for iYarny, we had our second meet this last Thursday. There were two other gals and I had a great time chatting with them. So, if you have some time available during our meet-up times, don’t be too shy to join. You don’t have to go on camera but you do have to have fun! *smiles*
OH – and yes, we are looking at having more meet-up times.
Thank you all again for being such a wonderful support system for my crochet efforts. I really do appreciate every comment made and I feel like I am really getting to know those of you who regularly read my blog.
PS – here’s an oddball photo for your viewing pleasure…. my dog rolling around trying to play with the cat’s perch/tower toy.
Project List Items (not complete)
– Filet Market Bag
– Lacet Table Runner […started…]
– Throw for living room sofa [state fair project]
– Round Afghan/Throw
– Angel Tree Topper
Project List Items (done)
– 14 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments
– Easy Cabled Scarf
– Poncho (early Christmas present)
Added Items (not complete)
– Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) […65%…]
– Angel Hair scarf
– 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
– knit socks [started]
– 1 knit scarf [started]
– 1 crochet scarf [started]
– Girls Trellis Poncho [started – my own pattern that will be posted free]
– crochet afghan [0 of 25 squares]
Added Items (done)
– Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
– Ear Bud “purse”
– 2 Crochet Bags (Mystery CAL Beach Bag, EnviroTote #4)
– 5 Knit Washcloth
– 31 Crochet Wash/Dishcloth
– 1 crochet face scrub finger mitt (Christmas present)
– 1 dust mitt
– 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
– 4 crocheted towel toppers
– WW Yarn Runner for ledge
– 5 crochet scarves
– 1 knit scarf
– 2 crochet cowls
– 5 Hybrid Hat (pattern coming soon)
– 1 knit hat
– 13 crochet hats
– 2 crochet character hats (sock monkey, puppy)
– 10 crochet hat clips
– 10 crochet headbands (some are Sherry’s Headband)
– 10 Candy Stocking Ornaments
– 2 Crochet Lid Topper
– 2 wreath pins
– Spiderweb Doily
– 1 small decorative Christmas tree (didn’t like, threw away)
– 6 mug cozies
– 4 crochet Faux Boob (pattern)
This post is part of the Ravelry Group “Come Blog-A-Long” #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.