Project Percentage Complete: 29%
Overall Percentage Complete: 41%
Number of Project Items: 28
Number of Added Items: 21
Total Items: 49
Considering I was out of town last week, my Year of Projects post was pretty “blah” – no text to tell you all about my progress. So let’s start from last Sunday for this post.
I was out for the weekend visiting my mother. In that weekend, I was able to use up a ball and a half of cotton yarn in making washcloths. My mother cabbaged onto those relatively quickly so I have no photos to share of them. Adding those three cloths to my overall total upped my overall percentage complete a few percent but they did not help my project percent complete.
I didn’t go to yarn group on Wednesday because I had a pretty blah headache. I sat for a bit when my daughter asked me to open her new package of ear buds. Oddly, they are required for school since a lot of lab work is done. At least they are thinking about personal hygiene and how gross it would be for 25 kids to share a handful of ear buds. Anywhoozles, I took the opportunity to pick up the hook and crochet a little pouch. It’ll be good since they could easily get switched with some of the other girls who my daughter said had the same ear buds.
While I have slowed down considerably on my dining room table runner, I did decide to make the Spiderweb Diamonds pattern in the August 2011 Crochet World magazine. I am making it using regular ole acrylic WW yarn, dark brown. I have a half wall at the front door that we plan on tearing out. In fact, it had slats going from the wall to the ceiling and several of those have already been removed. This is why I need the “runner” there. The original pattern called for #10 thread and would work up more as a doily. The one I am making is much thicker and sturdier and should hopefully serve its purpose well.
I do know that my non-list item list is growing insanely quick. I could not have anticipated all of these wonderful projects jumping out at me BUT I do need to reign myself in soon and start working on the three big Christmas presents: the men’s vest, the afghan, and the Joseph wrap. If I don’t get serious soon, coupled with school I’ll never get all my Christmas presents finished.
Speaking of, this week landed me back in school. I’m wrapping up my final semester for my master’s degree. I figure that I may slow down a bit, but hopefully not stall to a complete stop as I have plenty of things I need to finish before Christmas. My internship is what kept me from putting a bunch of other items on my list – I’m hoping to at least make it through this short list.
Project List Items (not complete)
– Filet Market Bag
– Lacet Table Runner […started…]
– Throw for living room sofa (no pattern selected yet)
– Men’s Vest (Christmas present)
– Round Afghan/Throw (potential Christmas present)
– Angel Tree Topper
– Joseph Wrap from Crochet! Magazine (as Christmas present)
– 11 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (office Christmas presents)
– 2 sets of Golf Club Covers (no numbers) – (as Christmas presents)
Project List Items (done)
– 3 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (personal use)
– 4 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (as office Christmas presents)
– Easy Cabled Scarf (my own pattern)
Added Items (not complete)
– Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) [65% complete]
– EnviroTote Market Bag #4 [90% complete]
– 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
– 4 thread crochet coasters
– WW Yarn Runner for ledge [25% complete]
Added Items (done)
– Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
– Mystery CAL Beach Bag
– 4 Knit Washcloth
– 3 Crochet Dishcloth
– 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
– Ear Bud “purse”
This post is part of the Ravelry Group “Come Blog-A-Long” #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.