Project Percentage Complete: 0%
Overall Percentage Complete: 6%
Whelp, I began work on the Easy Cabled Scarf
pattern originally posted to my project list. I frogged it 2 or 3 times before getting a good start on it, then deciding I didn’t really like it. What I did was the pattern itself was not wide enough for me so I thought I’d just do the cable 3 times to make a wider scarf… well, I did not like how it was working out and I’m sure it had a lot to do with my knitting tightly and doing a 4 stitch pass on the cable. It puckered too much for me.
|Scarf Progress as of 07/09/2011
So, instead of being completely frustrated, I decided to just do a pattern of my own, inspired by the original pattern. I have it sketched out and if I like the result, I’ll post the pattern as a freebie on the blog… even though it is a knitting pattern.
In the last week, while working on my simple cabled scarf, I learned how to do continental knitting with knit and purl stitches, how to add a new skein to the project, and how to rip down rows and not have to rip the whole thing out! It has been an interesting knit filled week.
Project List Items (not complete)
– Easy Cabled Scarf (my own pattern) […50%…]
– Filet Market Bag
– Lacey Table Runner for kitchen
– Throw for living room sofa (no pattern selected yet)
– Men’s Vest (Christmas present)
– Round Afghan/Throw (potential Christmas present)
– Angel Tree Topper
– Joseph Wrap from Crochet! Magazine (as Christmas present)
– 3 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (personal use)
– 15 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (as office Christmas presents)
– 2 sets of Golf Club Covers (no numbers) – (as Christmas presents)
Project List Items (done)
(none at this time)
Added Items (not complete)
– Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern)
– EnviroTote Market Bag #4
Added Items (done)
– Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
– Mystery CAL Beach Bag
This message is part of the Ravelry Group “Come Blog-A-Long” #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.